Below are common health related questions that Jenn, Shafia and HIPE receive, we wanted to provide a space for easily accessible answers. If you have a question, click the box above to ask!
Alcohol is technically a toxin. When you drink alcohol it has to travel to your liver where it gets filtered out.
When you drink too much, the amount of alcohol in your body builds up (especially in your bloodstream). There it can wreck havoc on your body.
As a depressant, it slows down your processing and reaction functions, and can even slow down vital physical functions like breathing, heart rate, and temperature.
Due to this, yes alcohol poisoning can be deadly and as such should be taken very seriously. If you fear that someone has alcohol poisoning, never be afraid to get help. Also know your limits & pace yourself.